Dr. Richard Venditti's focus has been in the following research areas: (1) the processing and utilization of natural polymers in new products and fuels, (2) the fundamentals of separation science in fiber processing and (3) the environmental life cycle analysis of products. His approach is to use fundamentals in chemical engineering and polymer science in order to understand mechanisms that control critical operations in the production of products and fuels.
Dr. Venditti graduated from Princeton University in Chemical Engineering in 1993, in the area of thermosetting polymers. He currently teaches Process Control, Unit Operations in Pulp and Paper, and a distance paper recycling graduate course. He is a member of the Technical Association of Pulp and Paper (TAPPI) and the American Chemical Society.
- Ayoub, A., Venditti, R. A., Pawlak, J. J., & Massardier, V. (2013). Combined application of extrusion and irradiation technologies: A strategy oriented for green and cost-effective chemistry. BioResources, 8(1), 3-5. [ Editorial ]
- Ayoub, A., Venditti, R. A., Pawlak, J. J., Sadeghifar, H., & Salam, A. (2013). Development of an acetylation reaction of switchgrass hemicellulose in ionic liquid without catalyst. Industrial Crops and Products, 44, 306-314. [ Article ]
- Reeb, C. W., Lucia, L. A., & Venditti, R. A. (2013). Novel screening technique: Integrated combinatorial green chemistry & life cycle analysis (CGC-LCA). BioResources, 8(2), 1513-1516. [ Editorial ]
- Pu, Y., Treasure, T., Gonzalez, R., Venditti, R. A., & Jameel, H. (2013). Autohydrolysis pretreatment of mixed softwood to produce value prior to combustion. Bioenergy Research, 6(3), 1094-1103. [ Article ]
- Ayoub, A., Venditti, R. A., Pawlak, J. J., Salam, A., & Hubbe, M. A. (2013). Novel hemicellulose-chitosan biosorbent for water desalination and heavy metal removal. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 1(9), 1102-1109. [ Article ]