Forest Ecosystem Services: Brazil-US Student Exchange Program
Summary of Program
The Brazil FIPSE/ CAPSE Program Student Exchange Program is available to NCSU advanced undergraduate and graduate students.
- Steps to Enroll in Brazil Exchange Program
- Previous Exchange Students' Experiences
- Course Topics and Materials
Spend a semester experiencing life in Brazil.
- Live with Brazilian students
- Take classes for credit at one of three top Brazilian universities
- Learn to speak Portuguese
- Immerse yourself into the culture and natural environment of a fascinating country
This exchange program focuses on Forest Ecosystem Services and students must enroll in the "Forest Ecosystem Services” (NR 491J/FB
595B) course to participate. Ecosystem Services is an emerging field that has
application to forest ecosystem management and conservation. NCSU collaborates
with three Brazilian universities: Universidade Federal do Paraná,
Universidade Federal de Viçosa, and Universidade Federal de
There is currently funding of up to $3000 for travel reimbursements as well as scholarships through the NCSU Study Abroad Office.
Enroll in Brazil Exchange
- To express interest in participating in the program, please complete the Brazil- US
Exchange Interest Form
- Students must have completed FLP 101 or its equivalent prior to the start of
- Apply through the Study Abroad Office
- Apply for travel visa, see Brazilian Embassy and Brazil Visa Instructions
- To obtain information on travel restrictions, vaccinations, warnings visit US Department of State Travel Notifications
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Must maintain official student status at NCSU during semester abroad
Previous Exchange StudentsA glimpse of student experiences in Brazil: Student Blogs
Course Topics and Materials
The foundation of the curriculum is an intercontinental, distance-delivered, team-taught course entitled “Forest Ecosystem Services” (NR 491J/FB 595B).This is a required course for all students who participate in our program.