North Carolina State University
Department Of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
Box 7016, Jordan Hall 5118, Raleigh - NC 27695
- B.S. Forest Resource Management, Pennsylvania State University (1970)
- M.S. Forest Recreation, Pennsylvania State University (1972)
Minor: Operations Research
- Ph.D. Operations Research/Forest Resources, Pennsylvania State University
Minor: Resource Economics (1975)
- Post Doctoral Study: Forest Biometrics, University of Georgia (1975-1977)
Topic: National Forest Planning Methodologies
Recent Courses Taught
- PRT 462
- NR 531
- NR 535
- NR 533
- Millinor, Wiliam , Hugh Devine, and Elizabeth Eastman. 2010 . Creating a Crosswalk of Vegetation Types and Fire Fuel Models for the National Park Service. Elsevier Inc., Houston TX
- Devine, Hugh A., Perver Korca-Baran, Peter Budde, William Millinor, Elizabeth Eastman, and William Shroyer. 2004. Introduction to ArcGIS for Land Management Agencies. Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State University (http://www.nps.gov/gis/training/arcgis8x.html).
- Millinor, William, William Slocumb, Hugh Devine, and Mark Smith. 2003. GIS for Fire Specialists, The NPS Course. Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State University (http://www.nps.gov/gis/training/av8_fire).
- Sams, Cheryl, William Slocumb and Hugh Devine. 2004. Appomattox Court House National Historical Park: Linking Cultural Resource Databases through GIS in Mapping the Future of America’s National Parks. ESRI Press, Redlands, CA.
- Sams, Cheryl, William Slocumb and Hugh Devine. 2004. Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site: Linking Cultural Resource Databases through GIS in Mapping the Future of America’s National Parks. ESRI Press, Redlands, CA.
- Pradhan, S., M. T. Hoover, R. Austin, H. A. Devine, 2007. Potential Nitrogen Contributions from On-site Wastewater Treatment Systems to North Carolina’s River Basins and Sub-basins. NCARS, North Carolina State University, , Technical Bulletin 324
- Wang, Zhengming M., Hugh A. Devine, and W. D. Wayne Zhang, 2007. Using GIS-Assisted Water Quality Model to Analyze Potential Risk Areas of Lead Leaching in Raleigh’s Water Distribution Systems. 2007 Conference Proceedings WQTC, Charlotte, NC 2007.
- Wang, Zhengming M., and Hugh A. Devine, 2007. A Spatial /Temporal Approach to Analyze the Potential Sources of Lead Corrosion in Drinking Water. 27th ESRI International User Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Devine, Hugh .A., P. K. Baran, and Linda C. Sewall 2005. An Environmental Water Quality Data Visualization System for Private Ground Water Supplies. Final Peer Reviewed Report
- Shedd, Justin M. and H. A. Devine, 2005. The Use of Remote Sensing to Update Fuel Load and Vegetation Datasets After a Natural Disaster. EASTFIRE Conference, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA.
- “LITRE: Learning in a Technology Rich Environment”, NC State University EDTECH Forum, Raleigh, NC (Featured Speaker)
- “New Technologies for GIS Databases in Natural Resources”, Natural Resource Data Managers Workshop, Fort Collins, CO.
- “Data Models for NPS Natural Resource Inventories”, Natural Resource Data Managers Workshop, Fort Collins, CO.
- “Natural Resource Data Management Planning for National Parks”, Northeast Region Natural Resource Inventorying and Monitoring Workshop, Kingston, RI (Featured Speaker)
- “Accessing Natural Resource Data Through a GIS Model”, Northeast Region GIS Annual Meeting, State College, PA.
- “GIS Partnerships”, GIS Partnerships in Teaching and Learning Conference, Raleigh, NC.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Alumni Distinguished Graduate Professor - 2011
- University Community Engaged Faculty Fellow - 2011
- Distinguished Service Award - Institute of Advance Analytics - 2009
- Elected to the Academy of Outstanding Faculty Engaged in Extension - 2009
- University Alumni Outstanding Extension Service Award - 2009
- University Outstanding Extension Service Award - 2009