Kathy Hamilton Gore
North Carolina State University
Department Of Parks,Recreation and Tourism Management
Box 8004,4012C Biltmore Hall, Raleigh - NC 27695
- M.S. (Recreation, Parks and Tourism)
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 1985
- B.S. (Recreation, Parks and Tourism)
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 1978
Recent Courses Taught
- PRT 477 Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management Seminar
- PRT 475 PRTM Internship Supervision
- PRT 454 Recreation and Park Finance
- PRT 200 Leisure Behavior, Health and Wellness
- PRT 152 Introduction to Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
- Henderson, K., Moore, A., & Gore, K. 2011. Women in the parks and recreation field:are the times changing? Parks and Recreation, 4, 62-67.
- Brown, K.H. 2004. iWebfolio and its potential for program review. Proceedings of the NC State University 2nd Annual Undergraduate Assessment Symposium, Cary, NC.
- Brown, K.H. 1996. Strategies for success: meeting needs of youth at risk. Proceedings of the 1996 Recreation in Small Communities Conference, Myrtle Beach, SC. Page 8.
- January 2012 - North Carolina Park Ranger Institute, Annual Training Week, Salemburg, NC. Electronic Portfolio session requested to be delivered by NC Division of Parks and Recreation.
- October 2011 - National Recreation and Park Association, Annual Congress, Atlanta, GA. Presenter. Saving Our Youth: We’re All in This Together! with Adolphus Graves, Fulton County Juvenile Probation.
- September 2011 - North Carolina Recreation and Park Association/South Carolina Recreation and Park Society, Annual Conference, Charleston, SC. Presenter. Electronic Portfolios: Investing in Yourself! and Urban Park Evaluation and Multi-Cultural Sustainability.
- April 2011 - NCSU, Recreation Resources Service, First Annual Women’s LeadHerShip Workshop. Invited closing Keynote. Getting Off the A-train!
- January 2011 - NCSU, Recreation Resources Service, Annual Directors Conference, Durham, NC. Invited Speaker. Motivating Staff When There is No Money.
- February 2007 - NCSU Campus Writing and Speaking Program, Raleigh, NC. Invited Brown Bag Series Presenter. Linking Formal Writing/Speaking Assignments to Departmental Outcomes for Professional Degree Programs.
- January 2007 - National Recreation and Parks Association Annual SPRE Teaching Institute, Clemson, SC. Presenter. Linking Writing Assignments to Learning Outcomes.
Research & Consultation
- 2011 - Focus Group Facilitator and Project Liaison, NSF Grant Collaborative Research: Developing a Culturally Compelling Social Network Approach to HIV/AIDS Prevention for African American College Students for Principal Investigators: Drs. Fay Cobb Payton and James Kiwanuka-Tondo, NC State University.
- 2011 - Recreation Program Consultant, W.K. Dickson, Inc. Mt. Airy, NC Parks and Recreation Master Plan 10 Year Update
- 2011 - Human Resource Development Trainer, DeSoto, TX Parks and Leisure Services Department Annual Staff Retreat, Effective Leadership and Delegation.
- 2012 - University Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award, College of Natural Resrouces Nominee
- 2010 - University Athletic Academic Support Services, Greatest Influence on Academic Life of Student Athlete, NCSU Athletics, Cheerleading Division
- 2008 - College of Natural Resources Nominee, Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award
- 2002 - University Academy of Outstanding Teachers, Newly Inducted
- 2002 - College of Natural Resources, Outstanding Academic Advisor Award
- 2002 - College of Natural Resources, Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2001 - College of Natural Resources, Outstanding Academic Advisor Award
- 2000 - College of Natural Resources, Outstanding Academic Advisor Award
- 1998 - Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management, Outstanding Teacher Award
- 1997 - North Carolina 4-H Statewide Program Board, Meritorious Service Award