Interested high school students and their families are invited to learn about the variety of hands-on experiences available through the College of Natural Resources. These experiences prepare our graduates for exciting careers in the areas of programming, management, environmental field work, outdoor recreation, sports, sustainable engineering, laboratory research and more.
At this event you can choose your own adventure! Pick one pathway to follow or mix and match. We understand you have lots of interests.
- Discover high-impact solutions through hands-on learning.
- Explore exciting field research in an urban park setting.
- Experience sustainable engineering in action in our laboratories.
- Learn how tourism, sport, and recreation play play a major role in the environmental conversation.
From 10:00-1:00, attendees can choose to attend mini-demonstrations, tours, and discussions that will take place on a rotating schedule. Below are the tentative activities for the day.
Programming and Management
- Discuss service learning projects and how they help students gain real world experience
- Attend a panel of sport management professionals
- Tour NC State recreational facilities
- Tour Lonnie Poole Golf Course training facilities
- Attend a panel of tourism and recreation professionals
- Explore how geospatial analytics is used to plan sports, recreation and parks venues
Environmental Field Work and Outdoor Recreation
- Learn about the Urban Wildlife Citizen Science Project
- See students address water pollution at Rocky Branch Creek
- Learn about forest measurements and restoration plans
- Take a NC State sustainability tour around campus
- Hear from students and alumni working on key environmental policy issues
- Discover why NC State is a world leader in tree genetics
Sustainable Engineering and Laboratory Research
- Hear about the latest alternative energy trends
- See how sugarcane is converted to bio-fuel
- Tour our state of the art paper machine
- Observe a sustainable materials comparison demonstration
- Tour our Geospatial Analytics lab and see how predictive modeling is used to address environmental challenges
The event will be held in Fall 2018.
Jordan Hall Addition
2720 Faucette Dr.
Raleigh, NC 276895
(located at the corner of Morrill Drive and Faucette Drive, near Western Boulevard)
We have ample free parking located both in front and behind our building.
Getting to Campus
Review our Directions Information page.
Close-knit Family Atmosphere
We offer all the advantages of a large university with the close-knit family atmosphere of a small college community.
Explore Our Majors
Our students make a difference in the world, starting with their very first days at NC State. Think you’ve found the right home?
Engage With Us
Want to learn more about our school or our programs? Engage with us through Google Hangouts, events, and other activities. We're here to help.