College of Natural Resources Calendar
Where Do We Go From Here? A Diversity Education Series
- This event has passed.
One event on November 10, 2020 at 6:30 pm
One event on November 17, 2020 at 6:30 pm
NC State’s Rupert Nacoste teaches a wildly popular social psychology course called “Interpersonal Relationships and Race.” His new book, To Live Woke, uses his experiences — from growing up in segregated Louisiana to serving in the U.S. Navy — to help us understand that we need to learn to interact with people who are not like us, whether because of race, religion, sexual orientation or any number of other differences. During a six-part series, Nacoste will discuss concrete strategies that anyone can use to recognize and confront bigotry in everyday social interactions. He will talk about:
• Neo-Diversity: Defining the 21st Century American Challenge on Sept. 15.
• Recognizing Neo-Diversity Conflict Points on Sept. 29.
• Understanding Neo-Diversity Anxiety Mistakes on Oct. 13.
• How Neo-Diversity Anxiety Activates Bigotry on Oct. 27.
• Trying to Live Woke in a Neo-Diverse World on Nov. 10.
• Developing Interpersonal Leaders for a Neo-Diverse America on Nov. 17.
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- College of Natural Resources, Diversity and Inclusion
- Online – Zoom
- Raleigh, NC United States