May 2016 PSE graduatesOn May 7th 2016, PSE graduates walked across the stage to receive their diploma; something they have been waiting their whole lives to achieve. There was immense joy and happiness throughout the entire room and as every name was called, a feeling of accomplishment was sent through the crowd.  The day all of the graduates had been dreaming about since they stepped onto the campus of NC State was finally becoming a reality.  The students who graduated included Micah Doane, Zecharias Fasica, Jason Frizzell, Rohail Hada, Jonathen Henley, Christopher Hopkins,Patrick Jenkins,  Austin Leonard, Katie Marshall, Joe McDonald, Lauren Moody, Josh Pippin, Diana Reese and William Sydnor.

Professors Prove to be Mentors

The unbridled joy seemed to carry through the whole ceremony as the graduates reminisced on their fond and precious memories from the last four years, and all the friendships that will last forever. It was clear that each class becomes a family and when one has to say goodbye it is heart wrenching.  The classic “goodbye” turned into “see you soon” as each of them left with their families and celebrated the exciting accomplishment.  As quoted from Katie Marshall “Being a part of such a small and close-knit department, not only was I able to create meaningful and lifelong relationships with my peers, but also my professors. I have made some of my best friends and closest mentors during my time in PSE and I know I can still call them, even after graduation, for anything!”

PSE.. a Confidence Builder

As the graduates go out into the world and be the future leaders that they were taught to be, it is incredible to see what the PSE department prepares these individuals for and how each person can bring so much knowledge to companies after they graduate, whether it be in the chemical or paper industry.  In the words of Jonathan Henley “PSE has given me confidence in my ability to make a big impact, even as a young engineer”.

Congratulations to our May 2016 graduates! Check out our entire photo gallery here.