Foundation Annual Meeting Open for Registration
David Ashcraft Retires after Serving Industry 48 years
Alumni Spotlight – Dr. Richard Venditti
Phillips Family Leadership Incentive Awarded
It’s Back – Class Pledging Contest Returns with Even Loftier Goals
Summer Camp Inspires Prospective Engineers
Dr. Richard Venditti graduated from NC State in 1988 with a degrees in Chemical Engineering and Pulp and Paper Technology, and subsequently earned a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from Princeton. He is currently a Professor at NC State in the Forest Biomaterials Department. We recently reached out to Dr. Venditti to find out about his experience here at NC State, his career and advice for current students.
Experience at NC State
- Internship/co-op experience: Great Southern Paper in Cedar Springs, GA, Dupont in Richmond and Jaako Poyry in Raleigh.
- Favorite Class: Dr. Heinz Olf’s Paper Properties.
- Best memory at State: Attending TAPPI local section conferences.
- Worst memory at State: Cannot recall any.
- Clubs/hobbies: Hockey club, Pack’s Elite Support Team, Softball Intramurals.
- Favorite part of PSE Program: Having fun with classmates in intramural sports and parties.
- Most important thing PSE taught me: How different people can be and how we can still work together to achieve different things.
Current Career Information
- Company/job position: Professor in NCSU’s Forest Biomaterials Department.
- Years at current job: 23 years
- Favorite part of job: Helping students learn, meeting new people and discovering new things in research.
- Biggest accomplishment in career: Graduating about 30 graduate students, 1000 undergrads and 2000 short course students.
Advise for Current Students
- We are all different, but we can all contribute in different ways to the same goal.
- Hometown: Monroe, CT
- Family: Wife Suzy, Sons: Dan, Nick, Ken and Mike
- Hobbies/interests: Dirt bikes, coaching baseball and food
By Lindsay Leonard