College of Natural Resources
Department of Forest Biomaterials
2820 Faucette Drive
Raleigh, NC 27695
GPS Coordinates: 35.783901,-78.682151
Getting here from I-40
- Take the Gorman St. Exit, Exit 295 in Raleigh off of I-40/440.
- When traveling from I-40 East turn Left at the end of the Gorman St. Ramp putting you on Gorman St. going North.
- When traveling from I-40 West turn Right at the end of the Gorman St. Ramp putting you on Gorman St. going North.
- Travel North on Gorman St. for approximately 1.1 miles.
- Make a right at the stoplight onto Avent Ferry Rd.
- Travel on Avent Ferry Rd. for approximately 1.4 miles. (You will pass Burger King, Bruegger’s Bagels, and the Mission Valley Shopping Center on the righthand side of the road.)
- At the top of the hill you will be at the Western Blvd. intersection. Proceed through the stoplight and cross over Western Blvd. Avent Ferry turns into Morrill Drive after you cross Western Blvd. (You have now entered NC State’s Main Campus.)
- Make an IMMEDIATE left onto Faucette Dr.
- Biltmore Hall, Robertson Hall and the Pulp & Paper Labs are all located on Faucette Dr.
- Please note that there is additional parking available behind the building. Take a right on to Dan Allen Dr. and your first right into the rear parking lot.
Parking and Transportation
You may park in any space marked for a “C” permit when you visit the Department of Forest Biomaterials. Go to the Office of the Department Head, Room 2105-B in Biltmore Hall, Robertson Wing to obtain a visitor’s parking pass for these spaces. Visitors meeting with the Undergraduate Recruiter or recruiting in the Department may see either Katie McIntyre, Room 2105-A, or Pat Hill, Room 2209 in the Pulp & Paper Labs, for a parking pass.
A parking pass is not needed during the weekend or after 5:00PM on weekdays.
Parking on campus can be limited. To avoid a ticket be sure you are parked in a designated “C” permit spot and have a visitor permit displayed in your vehicle. For more information on transportation and parking at NC State visit NC State Transportation Visitor Information.
Department Office Locations
- Department Head Office – 2105 Biltmore (Robertson Wing)
- Undergraduate Recruiting Office – 2105 Biltmore (Robertson Wing)
- Paper Science & Engineering Student Services Office – 2209 Pulp & Paper Labs
- Wood Products Student Services Office – 1022 Biltmore
- CNR Academic Affairs Office – 2018 Biltmore
- Development Office – 3036 Biltmore
For other office locations please call 919-515-3120 for assistance.
For information about wheelchair accessibility in Biltmore Hall click here.