By Taylor Krakuszeski
JD Robinson graduated from NC State in 2012 with a degree in Chemical Engineering and Pulp & Paper Science Engineering. He currently works as a Recaust Process Engineer for Weyerhaeuser. We recently reached out to JD to find out about his experience here at NC State, his current career, and advise for current students.
Experience at NC State
- Internship/co-op experience: PCS Phosphate, Weyerhaeuser.
- Favorite class: PE – Bowling
- Best memory at State: Watching the NC State Football team beat UNC every year while I was in school.
- Worst memory: Not finishing my minor.
- Clubs/hobbies: TAPPI, Intramural softball, football & volleyball and NC State athletics.
- Favorite part of PSE program: Small class size as compared to other majors.
- Most important thing PSE taught me: Core values of performing my job ethically.
Current Career Information
- Company/job position: Weyerhaeuser – Recaust Process Engineer.
- Years at current job: 1 year
- Favorite part of job: There is always different problems to solve each day.
- Biggest accomplishment in career: Mill Excellence Award for Kamyr Digester Chip Feed System Upgrade.
Advice for Current Student
- Take full advantage of all internships/co-op experiences as they will definitely pay off in the long run.
- Hometown: Washington, NC
- Family: Parents – John & Beth Robinson
- Hobbies/Interests: NC State Athletics, fishing, snowboarding & travel