Miranda Martin Shope graduated from NC State in 2000 with a degree in Pulp and Paper Technology, and went on to earn her Masters in Business Administration in 2004. We recently reached out to Miranda to find out about her experiences here at NC State, her career and advice for current students. Thanks for sharing Miranda.
Experience at NC State
- Internship/co-op experience: Banknote Corporation of America Hercules
- Favorite Class: David Ashcraft’s business class (this was the first year it was taught when I took it)
- Best memory at State: Meeting Gus Cottros
- Favorite part of PSE Program: The professors!
- Most important thing PSE taught me: A good education and a great attitude go a long way!
Current Career Information
- Company/Job position: Rockwell Automation Director, Global Operations
- Years at Current Job: June 2016
- Favorite part of Job: I love the global travel (especially India and China). I have spent many years on the commercial side of the business so it is a big change to be in operations.
- Biggest accomplishment in career: Learning how to interact with all different types of people without compromising being myself. People are different than you, so you have to learn to teach them, lead them, communicate with them, learn form them, get along with them and sometimes that means you have to change your approach. But never change who you are!
Advise for Current Students
- Work hard, be present, and always have a good mentor. I would not be where I am today if Gus Cottros did not believe in me. Gus believed in me when I did not believe in myself.
- Hometown: Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Family: Husband Tim (13 years married) works at Rockwell also managing the Global Process Technical Consultant team, Step-son, Tyler 22 talented golfer , Daughter, Lillia 12 shows horses competitively across US and Daughter, Annabelle 9 competitive gymnast
- Hobbies/interests: Traveling and watching my kids grow!
By guest blogger Allison Hellwig