By Jason Frizzell
Nelessa Lewis graduated from NC State in 2015 with a degree in Pulp & Paper Science. She currently works as a Process Engineer at International Paper in Riegelwood, NC. We recently reached out to Nelessa to find out about her experience here at NC State, her current career, and advise for current students.
Experience at NC State
- Internship/co-op experience: International Paper, Riegelwood, NC
- Favorite Class: PSE Senior Design
- Best memory at State: Living on-campus and off-campus with foreign exchange students.
- Worst memory at State: Going to a lab or exam at night.
- Clubs/hobbies: Club Tennis, CNR Engaging Leaders, math tutoring.
- Favorite part of PSE program: The productive (and not so productive) study sessions with classmates in the TAPPI lounge.
- Most important thing PSE taught me: The most meaningful and impactful learning experiences are not inside the classroom.
Current Career Information
- Company/job position: Process Engineer, International Paper, Reigelwood, NC
- Years at current job: 7 months
- Favorite part of job: Interacting day-to-day with people of varied backgrounds and skill sets to accomplish different goals.
Advise for current students
- Always be open to try something new.
- Hometown: Queens, NY
- Hobbies/interests: Tennis, Human Foosball, reading at the beach