- Register for the Paper Industry Career Fair
- Request an Interview Day
- Information Session Tips
- Directions and Parking
- Area Accommodations
- Register for the College of Engineering Career Fair
- December 2, 2016 Last day of classes
- December 16 2016 Fall Graduation
- January 9, 2017 First day of classes
- February 1, 2017 College of Engineering Career Fair
- March 6-10, 2017 Spring break
- April 28, 2017 Last day of classes
- May 13, 2017 Spring Graduation
- September 5, 2017 Paper Industry Career Fair
- September 8 Pulp and Paper Foundation Meeting & Student-Industry Banquet
The Department of Forest Biomaterials (FB) at NC State offers employers access to a well-trained pool of the best and the brightest young professionals in the sustainable materials, pulp, paper, and allied industries today. From their freshmen year onward, FB students are exposed to both the theoretical principles and the practical applications of knowledge within their areas of study. They work in the classroom, in the laboratory and out in the field on real-world challenges, meaning they begin contributing immediately when hired as full- or part-time members of your staff.
Students are seeking employment in the paper, pulp, print, sustainable materials, environmental and related sectors, including a wide range of industries that rely on process engineering. Our students include:
- undergraduates seeking summer internships, part-time internships, semester long co-ops
- graduate students seeking research, part-time or full-time positions
- upcoming graduates seeking full-time employment
Our Career Services Coordinator will ensure that employers are able to identify students with the appropriate background, publicize the opportunity to qualified students and arrange interviews in our department, company presentations and other programs. Please note that because of the competition for FB undergraduates and graduates particularly in the PSE program, by spring of each year many upcoming interns, co-ops and graduates in the PSE and PSE/CHE majors already have several offers in hand. The best time to contact FB if you are interested in interviewing potential PSE and PSE/CHE interns, co-ops and full-time employees is by September and October. SMT full time positions and SMT, PSE and PSE/CHE Co-op and internship opportunities can also be successfully addressed in the Spring.
Benefits of Recruiting in FB:
- Interview rooms located in our main building, Biltmore Hall
- 2-3 conference rooms available
- Interviews publicized to qualified students well in advance
- Centralized job board for students
- Flexible scheduling
- Resumes may be provided electronically prior to interview date
- All resumes provided on interview day
- Friendly, convenient service to meet all of your needs!
TAPPI and FPS Student Chapter Information Sessions
We have another tradition that is a very useful tool for recruiting and helping the students learn about each company. Conducted by the student chapter of the Technical Association of the Pulp & Paper Industry and of the Forest Products Society, these “Pre-night information session” events take place the evening prior to the interview day for a given company. Students are invited to attend this 1-1.5-hour event, in which company representatives make a presentation about the company, its employment opportunities, and its requirements. Most companies sponsor a light meal (sandwiches, pasta bar, chicken, etc.) at the beginning of the event. This gives all the students a chance to learn about companies in the industry.
If you would like to conduct an information session, please indicate so on your Recruiting Event Request Form. You will be contacted by the Student Chapter member to coordinate the light meal and evening details.