Resources for Visitors
We’d love to have you join us on-campus!
Top Things to Do in the Department of Forest Biomaterials:
- Learn more about what it means to work with a completely renewable, sustainable resource.
- (Come see how to earn a scholarship and land your first paid, summer internship!)
- Meet with a faculty member, and talk about how we can help you prepare for an exciting future in sustainable biomaterials.
- (Our faculty are friendly and want to help you figure out how a degree in FB can fulfill your goals.)
- Sit in on a class, and see our small classes and exciting learning environment.
- (Get a feel for our supportive, friendly, resource-rich department and how far it could take you.)
- Have lunch with a current student and get first-hand information on all the different options you will have.
- (Ask about woody biomass, our biomaterials research and what it means for your gas tank!)
- Come see how you can conduct research in our state-of-the-art laboratories!
- (Keep your eyes peeled, there’s a lot to see and do!)
We are open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, or by appointment. You can schedule a personal visit to the department by contacting Alex White for Sustainable Materials and Technology, or Jennifer Piercy for Paper Science and Engineering. We are happy to work with the Joyner Visitor Center and other Colleges at NC State University to arrange a meaningful visit for each student.
We welcome group visits and can coordinate with other Departments in the College of Natural Resources to offer a hands-on, exploratory program for students. We do ask that group visits be booked a minimum of 3 weeks in advance to accommodate faculty and student schedules.
For more information about group visits to the College of Natural Resources is available on the CNR website.
Please contact the Undergraduate Recruiter, 919.515.8659, for more information and to discuss your group’s needs.