How Can I Help?
Update #7, September 2, 2017
The HOWL of VICTORY
The Class of 1967 reigns victorious!
In the final few days:
- Class of 1967 held 1st place and increased their lead to 85% participation, the largest % participation ever!
- Class of 2015 had a very admirable showing, earning 2nd place with 63% participation.
- Class of 1968 held onto third place at 47% participation and our only other class over forty percent participation.
- Classes of 2014 and 1982 were our two classes over 30% with 39% and 30% respectively. Class of 1982 jumped from 13% participation in the last 3 days.
- Class of 2017 and 1983 surpassed 20% participation.
- Classes of 1984, 1986, 1988, 1995 and 1998 all had increases in the last days!
As a group, we accomplished:
- 14.7% of our total alumni base participating – well above the 8-10% average for public institutions
- 81.5% of our total alumni classes participated
- 16 total classes over 29%
- Our office received updated information about many alumni – THANK YOU!
See our leaderboard graph and list below!
Update #6, August 30, 2017
Who will pull away from the pack with 24 hours to go?
- Class of 2015 and 1967 have both made progress!
- Class of 1967 still in the lead, going from 62% to 77% since just yesterday!
- Class of 2015 edging up from 59% to 63%
- Class of 2010 continues it’s climb from 22% to 28% and jumping two spots to 8th place
- Class of 1989 increasing from 9.5% to 14%
- This is more fun than planning foundation events -but alas it must all be done!
As a group, we are at:
- 14% alumni participation – this is AMAZING!
- Having fun!
- Impacting students!
Update #5, August 29, 2017
Who will HOWL in Victory with 2 more days to go?
Class of 1967 now in 1st Place!
Since the last update:
- Class of 1967 has gone from 31-62% participation and into 1st place
- Class of 1982 has doubled their participation from 13-26%
- Class of 2010 has doubled from 11-22% participation and jumped from 30th to 10th place!
- Class of 1982 jumped up one spot to 8th place
- Class of 1968 has gone from 40-47%
As a group, we have:
- Increased by 50% the number of classes above the 20% mark!
- Have two classes over 50%
- Have 13.5% of our alumni participating!
Update #4, August 25, 2017
Did you know???
- Public institutions typically have 8-10% alumni participation in giving
- We are currently at 12.8% right now with 81.5% of our classes participating!
Lots of movement! Great job to all and THANK YOU!
- 1967 now in 2nd place!
- 1981 moving up to 7th place
- 2016 is not on top ten leaderboard!
- 1983 and 2016 are now above 20% participation
Goal: 84% of classes on the leaderboard (that’s THREE more classes -c’mon classes of ’91, ’92, ’96, ’99, ’02, ’08) and 15% alumni participation (that’s 31 more alumni)!
Update #3, August 18, 2017
We hope you enjoy seeing the bright new faces of our freshman class (below)! They moved in this past weekend and started their first college classes Wednesday! #classof2021
Did you know???
- Last year our foundation awarded $357k in scholarships
- Our Endowment generates $220k in scholarship funds
- 100% of alumni annual giving goes towards scholarships to recruit and retain the BEST students possible for our program
- Check out what a scholarship means for a recent graduate here.
Class Contest Update (at halfway point):
- 52 total classes participating so far (40% increase over last year)
- 169 total individuals, which is 12.2% of our alumni (37% increase over last year)
- Class of 2015 STILL in the #1 spot!
- Kudos to the classes of 2017 (increasing from 9-15%) and 1981 (increasing from 16-22%) this week alone!
Check out our progress on the leaderboard
Goal: 10% increase in classes and individuals participating
Update #2, August 11, 2017
A few things for a quick update before we are off and spending time with NEW FRESHMAN today! Yes, it is that time already!
- Alumni Reunion Football BLOCK SEATING is open through THIS MONDAY, 8/14/17. The football ticket office was gracious enough to do this for us! Use promo code REUNION on this site.
- We now have 52 total classes on the leaderboard for our contest. Last year at this time we only had 20 classes participating. GREAT work and let’s keep ’em coming!
- Thanks to all who are getting updated contact info back to our office or your ambassador!
- Check out our recent ALUMNI SPOTLIGHTS and consider submitting yours today!
- Help us reach our goal next week of adding FIVE classes to the leaderboard and
Update #1, August 4, 2017
Thanks to all who have made gifts in this first week of our challenge AND updated contact info. Check out the LEADERBOARD below.
What YOU need to know:
1. Our program remains very successful!
- We are maintaining high enrollments, 2-3 times that of any other paper school.
- Our students are academically stellar, well rounded and diverse.
- We are enjoying 100% job placement with 75%+ entering our industry.
2. We need alumni support to keep our program strong.
- Tuition continues to increase and government appropriations are flat (at best).
- Our industry desperately needs our graduates for its future.
- 100% of alumni contributions are used for scholarships to recruit and retain the best talent, allowing for more general budget funds to be directed towards program enhancement.
3. No matter where you are now, YOU benefited greatly from your PSE education!
- You received a world class technology/engineering degree.
- You were presented with great career opportunities.
- Your education went beyond the classroom (internships, personal and professional development).
Gifts 9/1/16 through 8/31/17
How Does This Work?
The bottom line is the class with the most % participation in GIVING will be the GRAND CHAMPION! We are counting gifts from September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017. Therefore, many classes begin August 1 with participation already.
What do you need to do?
Make a gift online from August 1-31, 2017 if you have not already done so!
Gifts can also be made payable to NC State Natural Resources Foundation, Inc. Campus Box 8010, Raleigh, NC 27695. Please put “Paper Science Scholarships” in the memo.
Is this different than last year?
YES! In order to streamline our processes AND make it easier on YOU, the generous donor, we are counting all gifts in the previous year. Using this last month of our “competition timeline” (August) to generate and renew interest in our program, reconnect with each other and make an impact!
Questions? Email Jennifer Piercy