How Can I Help?
Update #2, August 11, 2017
A few things for a quick update before we are off and spending time with NEW FRESHMAN today! Yes, it is that time already!
- Alumni Reunion Football BLOCK SEATING is open through THIS MONDAY, 8/14/17. The football ticket office was gracious enough to do this for us! Use promo code REUNION on this site.
- We now have 52 total classes on the leaderboard for our contest. Last year at this time we only had 20 classes participating. GREAT work and let’s keep ’em coming!
- Thanks to all who are getting updated contact info back to our office or your ambassador!
- Check out our recent ALUMNI SPOTLIGHTS and consider submitting yours today!
- Help us reach our goal next week of adding FIVE classes to the leaderboard and
Update #1, August 4, 2017
Thanks to all who have made gifts in this first week of our challenge AND updated contact info. Check out the LEADERBOARD below.
What YOU need to know:
1. Our program remains very successful!
- We are maintaining high enrollments, 2-3 times that of any other paper school.
- Our students are academically stellar, well rounded and diverse.
- We are enjoying 100% job placement with 75%+ entering our industry.
2. We need alumni support to keep our program strong.
- Tuition continues to increase and government appropriations are flat (at best).
- Our industry desperately needs our graduates for its future.
- 100% of alumni contributions are used for scholarships to recruit and retain the best talent, allowing for more general budget funds to be directed towards program enhancement.
3. No matter where you are now, YOU benefited greatly from your PSE education!
- You received a world class technology/engineering degree.
- You were presented with great career opportunities.
- Your education went beyond the classroom (internships, personal and professional development).
Gifts 9/1/16 through 8/10/17
How Does This Work?
The bottom line is the class with the most % participation in GIVING will be the GRAND CHAMPION! We are counting gifts from September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017. Therefore, many classes begin August 1 with participation already.
What do you need to do?
Make a gift online from August 1-31, 2017 if you have not already done so!
Gifts can also be made payable to NC State Natural Resources Foundation, Inc. Campus Box 8010, Raleigh, NC 27695. Please put “Paper Science Scholarships” in the memo.
Is this different than last year?
YES! In order to streamline our processes AND make it easier on YOU, the generous donor, we are counting all gifts in the previous year. Using this last month of our “competition timeline” (August) to generate and renew interest in our program, reconnect with each other and make an impact!
Questions? Email Jennifer Piercy