Non Degree Studies in Paper Science and Engineering
Non-degree studies is designed for professionals working in or selling to the paper industry who want graduate-level education in only a few specialized areas. It is an opportunity to become a technical master in a specialized area.
- To participate, enrolled working professionals login to classes online and access courses when and where they are available. The entire program is completed online.
- Our program offers the best, proven technologies to help connect students with professors, guest speakers, and fellow students.
- The courses are primarily asynchronous and are taught through podcasts, video and online presentations.
- Participants will work with virtual teams for discussions and projects.
- Professors keep office hours through a virtual collaborative space as well as phone, email and online chat.
NDS Application Deadlines
The application for a given term will close at 5 p.m. on the deadline
|Enrollment Term||Application Open||Application Deadline|
|Spring 2020||September 16, 2019||January 2, 2020|
|Summer I 2020||September 16, 2019||May 11, 2020|
|Summer II 2020||September 16, 2019||June 19, 2020|
|Fall 2020||February 10, 2020||August 14, 2020|
Enrollment in Courses
After completing your NDS (PBS) application follow these steps to register and enroll in courses. Our courses include business, engineering and science courses. View the online courses page to see the list of courses.
Tuition and Fees
Non-Degree Seeking (NDS) Students are billed per credit hour at DE rates for DE Classes and billed at On-campus stair-step tuition and fees for on-campus courses.
At 2019-20 tuition rates, the cost of the required courses is $462 per credit for North Carolina residents and $1,311 per credit for non-residents. See Online and Distance Education Tuition and Fees for cost details.