Non-degree studies is designed for professionals working in or selling to the paper industry who want graduate-level education in only a few specialized areas. It is an opportunity to become a technical master in a specialized area.
- To participate, enrolled working professionals login to classes online and access courses when and where they are available. The entire program is completed online.
- Our program offers the best, proven technologies to help connect students with professors, guest speakers, and fellow students.
- The courses are primarily asynchronous and are taught through podcasts, video and online presentations.
- Participants will work with virtual teams for discussions and projects.
- Professors keep office hours through a virtual collaborative space as well as phone, email and online chat.
NDS Application Deadlines
The application for a given term will close at 5 p.m. on the deadline
|Enrollment Term||Application Open||Application Deadline|
|Spring 2020||September 16, 2019||January 2, 2020|
|Summer I 2020||September 16, 2019||May 11, 2020|
|Summer II 2020||September 16, 2019||June 19, 2020|
|Fall 2020||February 10, 2020||August 14, 2020|
Enrollment in Courses
Tuition and Fees
Non-Degree Seeking (NDS) Students are billed per credit hour at DE rates for DE Classes and billed at On-campus stair-step tuition and fees for on-campus courses.
At 2019-20 tuition rates, the cost of the required courses is $462 per credit for North Carolina residents and $1,311 per credit for non-residents. See Online and Distance Education Tuition and Fees for cost details.