Students within the Department of Forest Biomaterials at NC State (FB) are encouraged to pursue global areas of study by participating in international academic programs. These programs offer a wide range of study opportunities:
- Professionals around the world interested in continuing their educations can complete a Master of Wood and Paper Science via distance education
- Academic partnerships are maintained by FB faculty and graduate students with colleagues from universities in other countries, including Nanjing Forestry University, home to one of the larger paper science and engineering programs in China; international education experiences Finland at at Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK) and Jyvaskyla University of Applied Sciences (JAMK); the Universidad de Concepcion in Chile; and five universities in China.
- Additionally, FB students can study abroad for a semester taking major-specific classes at Aalto University in Finland, while paying tuition and room and board at NCSU.
- Undergraduate internships are often available in other countries, allow summer and semester long interns to work on the job while experiencing other cultures. Students have worked for Gold East Paper in Zhenjiang, China, Nippon Paper in Tokyo, Japan and International Paper in Sallait, France.
- The NC State Grad School International provides information for international students and on international programs sponsored by the NC State University Graduate School. In addition, the Grad School maintains an Office of International Programs, which provides a variety of services.
- Visit our International Programs at NC State website for more information on other international academic opportunities.
- Other study abroad opportunities are available through NC State’s Study Abroad Office.