Sunds CD-300 Mechanical Pulping Pilot Plant
Capacity: up to 3 tons/day continuous feed on wood chips
- two true, real-time stages of refining
- atmospheric pre-steaming
- 3:1 volumetric reducing screw for plug feed into reactor
- impregnator box for impregnation with chemicals
- 40-gallon (150-liter) pre-heating vessel with nuclear level control and up to 30 minutes retention, 150 psig max.
- primary refiner: 300-HP, 3600 rpm
- pressurized cyclone permits primary and secondary stages to be run at different pressures
- secondary refiner: 250-HP, 3600 rpm
- interstage reactor permits treatment of primary-stage pulp with aqueous or gaseous agents prior to secondary refining, 150 psig max.
- dedicated process computer with energy consumption monitoring