Tagged with:

JohnCrutchfield_profileDegrees:
Zoology, B.S., 1979
Zoology, M.S. (Aquatic Ecology Emphasis with Statistics Minor), 1992

Current Position:
Project Manager, Hydro Relicensing, Progress Energy Carolinas, Inc./Hydro Operations (Raleigh, NC)

What was your first job out of college?
Environmental Technician II (1980), Carolina Power & Light Company/Environmental Technology Section (Brunswick Nuclear Plant, Southport, NC)

Why are you willing to serve on the Advancement Council?

John Crutchfield (right) talking with friends at a Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences Alumni Reunion in 2009

I am extremely grateful for the educational experience that I received at NCSU. My career advancement and professional opportunities have greatly benefited from my education. I believe in giving back my time, talents, and money to support the University’s mission as a leading research and educational institute in North Carolina as well as the nation. I want to help current and future students excel in academics at NCSU and, in particular, in the field of natural resources. My son, Matthew, received his B.S. in Textiles from the University in 2009 and will receive his M.S. in Textiles this spring so I see the direct benefit and value of educating future generations at NCSU.

More about John:
In addition to serving on the Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources’ Advancement Council, John is active in the following organizations: American Fisheries Society; N.C. Chapter of American Fisheries Society; N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission NonGame Wildlife Advisory Committee; N.C. Ecological Flows Advisory Board–Instream Flow; N.C. Wildlife Federation; N.C. State Fisheries & Wildlife Alumni Society; and the N.C. Water Resources Association.