McEachran, Andrew on zipline I grew up in Western NC and was always interested in the natural environment.  Simple things from my childhood like gardening, recycling, and being “green” initially piqued my interest in environmental issues.  This led to seeking a degree and research opportunities while an undergraduate at NC State related to environmental health and contamination.  After working for Dr. Elizabeth Nichols as an undergraduate on phytoremediation and environmental toxicology research, my interest and passion for research led me to pursue graduate degrees in the field of environmental chemistry and toxicology.

Area of research:  occurrence, fate, and transport of pharmaceuticals and estrogens in the environment

Career goal:  environmental chemistry and toxicology research and risk assessment

Previous degrees:

B.S. in Environmental Technology and Management- NC State

.S. Environmental Toxicology- Texas Tech University- thesis title:  “Occurrence of veterinary antibiotics emanating from beef cattle feedyards and the potential for antibiotic resistance”

Interests/activities:  traveling with my wife, NC State sports, Carolina Panthers football

Update:  Andrew completed his PhD in August, 2016 and is currently an ORISE fellow with the U.S. EPA.