Extension Forestry at NC State enables North Carolinians to make informed decisions concerning the management, enhancement, and enjoyment of their forest and other natural resources through sound, research-based information and education.
- Christmas Tree Production & Marketing – Promoting economic development through best management practices and sound business skills.
- Community Forestry – Improving the health of community forest through management and policy.
- Environmental Stewardship – Improving forest health and promoting natural resource-based alternative income opportunities.
- Family Forestry – Enhancing natural resource stewardship and improving economic well being through active management.
- Woody Biomass and Renewable Energy – Addressing global climate change through policy and energy markets.
- Youth Education – Connecting youth with the natural environment through 4-H and Project Learning Tree.