Module 1: Why do I need a drone? How do I choose one?
• What is a UAS?
(types, descriptions, presentation of systems)
• What can UAS do?
• What can’t UAS do?
(limitations, obstacles, technical issues)
• What else do I need to use a drone?
(workstations, cameras, processing environments)
Module 2: Before you fly
• Can I fly my drone?
• Do I need a certificate? If so, how do I obtain one?
Module 3: How do I prepare a flight mission?
• How do I fly to obtain the data I need?
(photogrammetric flight, ground control points)
• How do I plan a flight?
(software options, instructions)
• Where and when can I fly?
(understanding the weather and terrain conditions, legal matters)
• Flight safety and best practices
Module 4: Flight mission
• Site evaluation
• Risk assessment
• UAS pre-flight
• UAS operations
Module 5: What can I get out of the imagery I obtain with UAS?
• Why do I need to process the pictures?
(basics of spatial data and aerial photogrammetry)
Module 7: Imagery processing – Practice session
• General workflow for processing
• Introduction to Agisoft software
• Processing step-by-step
(Software, workstations and sample data will be provided, but you may also work with your own laptop and data.)
Module 8: Using the outputs from processing
• Reading the processing outputs
(orthomosaic, DSM, 3-D model, pointclouds)
• How do I use the processing results?
(platforms, perspectives, challenges)