The NC State Pulp and Paper Advisory Committee, while welcoming gifts from everyone, recognizes four classes of members.
Includes any corporation in the supply chain of the pulp and paper industry and related industries. Each Corporate Member will designate a representative to serve on the Advisory Board. The requested annual Corporate Member gift is $5,000 and above.
Includes any corporation with an annual gift less than $5,000.
Includes any individual interested in supporting the Paper Science and Engineering program – faculty, friends and alumni. The requested annual Individual Member gift is $500 and above.
Includes any individual with an annual gift less than $500.
Member funds provide for the following purposes:
- Attracting students into Paper Science and Engineering to prepare them for careers in the entire supply chain of the pulp and paper industry.
- Providing financial assistance in the form of scholarships, foreign travel assistance, internships, etc. to qualified students who are enrolled in Paper Science and Engineering at NC State.
- Assisting the University in attracting and maintaining a competent faculty and staff to provide proper instruction to students enrolled in Paper Science and Engineering at NC State.
- Encouraging graduate study and research by the awarding of fellowships and special research grants to candidates qualified for postgraduate work.
- Partnering with the faculty and administrators of the University in the development of the curriculum and assist in the undertaking of new areas of instruction by providing technical advice and financial assistance.
- Providing funding for equipment and facility improvements.
For Information on becoming a member of The NC State Pulp and Paper Advisory Committee, please email Jennifer Piercy or call 919.515.7709.