NC State
CNR Internal Resources
Alex White and Brittany Sweeney

The College of Natural Resources is excited to welcome Alex White to the family as the new Forest Biomaterials Program Coordinator. Alex spends her days recruiting new students for the Sustainable Materials and Technology program. When she’s not out and about recruiting, you can find her on the first floor of Biltmore Hall in the newly renovated Forest Biomaterials suite. Get to know Alex in this new faculty and staff profile series.

Hometown:

Cary, N.C.

What do you enjoy most about CNR?

I enjoy working with the recruitment team.

What do you do for fun?

I like to hike, cook and crochet.

What is something from your “Bucket List”?

I’d like to learn how to ride a unicycle. I have one, but it’s not going well so far …

Favorite tv show or movie?

Parks and Recreation

What inspires you?

Stories of kids doing conservation projects. It’s great to see children getting excited about protecting the Earth. I just read a great story about a 7-year-old boy who started his own recycling business.

What’s something people might not know about you?

In 2013, I did a short term study abroad program in Malawi, Africa.

If you could be any flavor of ice cream what ice cream flavor would you be and why?

Soy chocolate because I can’t eat dairy, and soy chocolate ice cream is delicious.

Anything else you would like to share?

I’m excited to be here and am looking forward to getting to know all of the students, faculty and staff in our college!