NC State
CNR Internal Resources
Dean Watzin, Erin Adair, Chancellor Woodson

Erin Jo Adair is the PRTM Instructional Technologist, which means she bridges the gap between professors and distance education students for the PRTSM Online Master’s program. She helps everyone connect successfully, not only through technology, but person-to-person. If you’re looking to connect with Erin, you can find her on the third floor of Biltmore Hall in office 3014.

Hometown:

I was born in Rochester, N.Y., but grew up in Augusta, G.A.

What is a typical day like for you?

My typical day starts by answering emails, often questions from our online students about technology or something class specific, but also broader questions about enrollment, electives, networking or advising issues. I also receive emails from prospective students who want to know more about our program and if it would be the right fit for them. I update all our social media channels to promote our program and, depending on the time of year, recruit new applicants. I help professors with various technology issues and aid them in creating class content. I may record lectures for our DE classes or capture a guest speaker, or collaborate with colleagues from DELTA on a current project.

My favorite days are when I get to go on-location somewhere to film unique content, like an exciting guest interview or an interesting facility. If it is a Tuesday or Thursday, my workday does not finish until night, when I join our professors in the online collaborate classroom and assist in running our graduate classes–making sure all students can connect, helping create breakout rooms, taking polls, putting out technical fires–anything I can do to help so the professors can focus their energy on teaching.

What do you enjoy most about the College of Natural Resources?

My favorite thing about CNR is the people. All of my colleagues are really fun, interesting people and I have enjoyed getting to know them. From the professors to the students, everyone is passionate and invested in doing their best and making this a great place of teaching and learning.

What do you do for fun?

Outside of work, I enjoy life with my husband and our three dogs. We enjoy traveling, going to concerts and exploring Raleigh’s awesome restaurants and breweries. We love to hike and just visited Raven Rock State Park recently. Now that it is football season, you can find me every Saturday cheering on the Georgia Bulldogs. UGA is my alma mater.

What is something from your “Bucket List?”

My “Bucket List” is mostly filled with travel. I would love to visit every corner of the globe, eventually. More specifically, I’d like to visit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya one day soon and play with the rescued baby elephants. I participate in their foster program and would love to get a chance to meet them one day.

What is your favorite TV show or movie?

My favorite TV show is “Parks and Rec” because it is so funny, warm and filled with great characters. My favorite films are “Amelie,” “The Big Lebowski” and, my guilty pleasure movie, “Smokey and the Bandit.”

What inspires you?

My family is inspiring to me in many different ways. My sister, who has two young children, just finished her master’s degree, which I find inspiring. My husband started his own company two years ago and he inspires me everyday with his hard work, drive and creativity.

What is something people might not know about you?

People might not know that after I finished graduate school, I lived in Prague, Czech Republic for a year and half. I taught English as a second language to adults at various businesses, which was fun and challenging. I also got to travel and learn about different cultures, which was great.

If you could be any flavor of ice cream, what would you be?

I took a Buzzfeed quiz that very scientifically predicted that I would be chocolate chip cookie dough, so lets go with that!

Anything else you would like to share?

If you have an idea for an educational video or would like to use a new type of technology for your class, come talk to me and let’s work together to make it happen!