- If you are off campus, connect to the NC State VPN.
- Click Go under the Finder menu and select Connect to Server…
3. For P drive type smb://cnrdata.cnr.ncsu.edu/DEPT$ Where DEPT$ is the department you are in. E.G. FER$, PRTM$, WPS$, TIP$, BIOTECH$, ADMIN$, DEV$, GIS$, NUTRITION$, etc. Once you have typed this in press the + button.
- Press Connect. On the next prompt, Click Registered user and type in the Name: field wolftechunityID and your password. You also have the option to save the password to your keychain. Click Connect.
5. For U drive type smb://cnrdata.cnr.ncsu.edu/DEPT-home$/UnityID Where DEPT is the department you are in. E.G. FER, PRTM, WPS, TIP, BIOTECH, ADMIN, DEV, GIS, NUT, etc. Once you have typed this in press the + button.
6. Same as 4.
Making the Drive Mappings Persistent
- Go to System Preferences
- Under System, Click Accounts
- Click on your user account on the left and select Login items on the right.
4. Click the + sign under the Login Items section on the right and if you have already connected to both the U and the P drive you should see entries for them under SHARED. Click the entry under Shared and the Folder and Click Add. Do this for both the U and P drive mappings.