** NOTE: All CNR machines have already received Google Chrome. Installation instructions only apply to PERSONALLY-OWNED devices unsupported by CNR IT.
Learning the New Interface
- Take a Tour of Google Chrome
- How to Bookmaking Your Favorite Pages
- How to Manage Your Tabs and Windows
- Other Chrome FAQs
Transitioning Your Preferences
- Importing Bookmarks
- Managing Privacy and Security Settings
- Managing File Downloads
- Other Personal Settings (saved passwords, etc)
- Using “Browser Sync” to synchronize your preferences
- Finding new add-ons in the Chrome Web Store
Chrome and Gmail
Because Chrome is a Google-supported browser, it offers several features for use with Gmail that no other browser currently offers.
- Desktop Notifications for New Mail
- Setting Gmail as your Default Mail Client for Email Links
- Storing Google Mail Offline
- Other Supported Gmail Extensions
Other Free Recommended Chrome Extensions
Find any of the following extensions on the Chrome Web Store by searching for them by the names listed below. Use the “Add to Chrome” button to install them for your profile. If you have any trouble doing so, contact CNR IT.
- Adblock Plus for Google Chrome — prevent the display of ads.
- Mail Checker Plus for Gmail — efficiently displays the number of unread messages, read, delete and archive.
- Neat Bookmarks — helps you manage, search, and organize bookmarks.
- IE Tab — displays web pages using Internet Explorer within Chrome.
- Print — places a print button within Chrome.