The NC State Office of Information Technology provides a tool that enables faculty, staff, and students to update their passwords. Visit here for more information.
Some quick tips:
- Never tell anyone your password. It is a policy violation to let anyone else use your account.
- OIT Staff will NEVER ask you for your password, so DO NOT respond to any e-mail requests for it.
- If you feel that someone may have seen you type your password or that is has been compromised in some other way, be sure to create a new one immediately.
- Never write your password down anywhere.
- Never let anyone watch you type it on a computer. If someone tries to watch, ask them to look away. Making this request is perfectly acceptable and is part of your responsibility to protect your password.
- Improve your typing speed so that it will be harder for someone to see your keystrokes.
- See Safe Computing at NC State for more details.