This position will provide technical support to the Medium Mill including troubleshooting and day-to-day technical support of the operations group, capital project management, leadership of continuous improvement projects, training of operations group personnel, and support of safety improvement projects.
- May be assigned to other projects and duties
- Learn relevant local and company requirements, rules and procedures. Strictly follows rules and guidelines and always uses the right procedure for the job. Promptly reports incidents, near-misses, and unsafe conditions or processes. SKNA employees regardless of level, position or tenure are responsible for upholding the safety standards regulations and policies.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, collect and analyze log sheet data, collect and analyze samples of various process streams.
- Plan, conduct, and report on machine trials aimed at optimizing operational performance
- Capital projects: manage capital projects ranging from $5k to as much as several million dollars in scope using competent and professional project management methods, as directed by mill manager.
- Continuous improvement: lead and manage continuous improvement projects. Identify and quantify opportunities, collect and analyze data, propose, win support for, and implement solutions, monitor and evaluate results.
- Improve operations through crew training and development. Act as liaison between suppliers and crews
- Actively support operations in safety improvement efforts.
- Rotate weekend call duty for production department
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Paper Science, or related field
Training and certification in Six Sigma or similar curriculum, and proven work experience.
2-5 years' experience in a paper making or similar operation, with some supervisory experience
High energy, with the ability to work in fast-paced environment
Computer proficiency required