We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Calhoun location in Tennessee, United States is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Pulp Dryer Superintendent. This job is permanent, full-time.
Job Title: Superintendent, Pulp Dryer
Supervisor's Title: Production Manager, Finished Products
Department: Finished Products
Location: Calhoun Operations
Department Manager responsible for coordinating the activities of employees operating the Pulp Dryer with a focus on achieving company safety, quality, production, and cost objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee and assist in the day-to-day operation of the Pulp Dryer to see safety, quality, productivity and costs objectives are being achieved.
• Set and communicate expectations and accountability to employees.
• Approve and resolve the work schedule and payroll issues.
• Accountable for coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees to correct behaviors and achieve required results.
• Trouble-shoot equipment and/or process failures and plan/coordinate maintenance.
• Supports and champions training to operators as needed.
• Ensures safety/quality policies and procedures are followed and provides monthly safety/quality training programs.
• Works with Environmental department to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and standards. Able to access and retrieve information from the Environmental intranet site.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
â€¢ Technical degree and/or 5-19 yearsâ€™ experience in pulping or related area. Professional affiliations helpful.
â€¢ Thorough understanding of the Pulp Dryer operations and loading/shipping of baled pulp.
â€¢ Complete knowledge and ability to safely isolate equipment malfunctions and coordinate maintenance repairs.
â€¢ Computer literate.
â€¢ Methodical approach to analyzing issues to get to the true root cause.
â€¢ KPI focus to make sure we are working on the right things.
â€¢ Highly self-motivated, team player, and supervisory experience helpful.
â€¢ Courage to act â€“ track record of holding employees accountable
â€¢ Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
â€¢ Potential to assume positions of greater responsibility within the organization.