Phospholutions, LLC is an award-winning start-up headquartered in State College, PA that literally creates greener pastures with its flagship product, RhizoSorb ®. RhizoSorb ® forces plant roots to grow deeper. This creates a stronger plant and enables agricultural, horticultural, and turf grass businesses to reduce their production costs and environmental footprint by cutting fertilizer and water use while improving soil quality.
Coming off a series of successful research and test trials in the golf course industry, the company is primed and positioned to expand into new markets, including sod production, athletic fields, lawn care, and greenhouse and flower production, among others.
We value energy, passion, authenticity, creativity…and results! If you are not willing to push the envelope, always striving to master your craft and, more-often-than-not, over-achieving your quota in a numbers-driven, performance-based role, there is zero need to keep reading this job posting or for you to apply for this position.
On the other hand…
If you can easily move qualified prospects to action, catapult new business reach and revenue, capitalize and advance opportunities that develop from existing client relationships, solidify profitable, long-term business relationships that align with the company’s business strategy, and provide world-class service to our valued prospects and clients, make sure you apply for this job! Because you could be exactly the type of individual who will be challenged, thrive, excel and prosper in our quick-sales-cycle-world.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY COLLABORATIVE WORK WITH A MIGHTY & TALENTED TEAM COULD LOOK LIKE THIS:
- Assist in sales strategy development/implementation and the forecasting of annual, quarterly, and monthly sales revenue; designing tactical plans to meet (or exceed!) those goals
- Analyze customer research, current and trending market conditions and competitor information to properly position service offerings
- Assist in the planning and execution of sales and marketing initiatives and business development strategies to drive sales, including but not limited to: email, social media and display advertising campaigns, maximizing exposure at trade shows, conferences and association events, etc.
- Measure, analyze and report sales performance metrics (ROI and KPIs); recommend appropriate course adjustments based on new client data, market trends or other acquired industry intelligence
- Communicate client and project opportunities, status, risks, and successes
- Develop effective sales presentations and proposals
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY PERSONAL CHALLENGES COULD INCLUDE, BUT WOULD NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Identify suitable new business leads; effectively and promptly qualify and follow-up on leads, nurture pipeline prospects through the sales cycle, and secure valid, enforceable signed purchase contracts for the company’s products
- Effectively demonstrate company products at site visits, trade shows, meetings and other venues
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with colleagues, industry partners, clients, and other professional associations that align with company values and mission
- Refine/implement “getting to yes” strategies; closing new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Conduct post-sale analysis and de-brief, including insightful evaluation of budget variance and other sales metrics
- Produce timely, accurate sales reports, pipeline information and other business development and sales metrics
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently to meet/exceed company goals; ability and willingness to work flexible/extended hours and travel to accomplish objectives and meet prospect/client needs is a must
- Regular on-going day and overnight travel is required within the South East territory (initially Florida, then fanning out to include Georgia). Valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from prospective and current accounts, as needed. Occasional, less frequent, national travel is also necessary; must be able to travel by common carrier air.
- “Day 1” comfort level with strategic cold-calling, being able to take the initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment; taking personal ownership of business activities and outcomes is expected
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong working relationships with others, especially business decision-makers and selection committee members
- Effective, persuasive and compelling communications skills are absolutely critical, as are social perceptiveness and active listening skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage work requests from multiple sources and meet deadlines; business acumen, high attention to detail, superb follow-up and time management skills are essential
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and/or equivalent work experience to include:
- 3-5 years of professional/technical sales experience in the soil sciences and/or the agricultural/horticulture industries with demonstrated organization, planning, strategy, implementation, and problem-solving skills are also essential OR
- 3-5 years of experience as a Golf Course Superintendent with connections, memberships in associations, and marketing, customer service and research experience
- Must be able to perform on-site visits and walk a farm field or other outdoor space with clients; this requires the ability to easily walk on and maneuver uneven terrain and to adeptly bend, stoop, kneel and perform other lower torso movements to perform ground-level visual plant/turf inspections
- High comfort level with software and spreadsheets, including use of financial, metric-driven performance reporting, all Microsoft office products, on-line calendar and meeting tools, smart phones, CRM and a wide variety of other technology tools
- Background checks pertinent to the position may be performed; results must be satisfactory to the company
- If hired, must adhere to all company policies and procedures, safety requirements, and other prescribed best practices/industry standards
Tell us why you are interested in this position and your desired salary in the cover letter section of this posting. Include your resume, answer a few questions, then click submit. It’s that easy to apply right now!
- This is an IMMEDIATE opportunity, BUT we are looking for an awesome new team member, so the position will remain open until filled.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. This company does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation. No recruiters, please; principal applicants only.