The Texas A&M Forest Service Incident Response Department will be filling
multiple full time, budgeted positions this fall. Positions will be available across
the State of Texas. All Resource Specialist positions have a guaranteed minimum
40-hour work week and include full benefits after 60 days. The starting date of
the positions is anticipated to be in November or December of 2021.
The Resource Specialist position has a variety of responsibilities which include, but are
not limited to:
• Responding to wildland fires, both in Texas and nationally, as part of anengine,
dozer, or handcrew.
• Respond to all-hazard incidents, both in Texas and nationally, such as
hurricanes, winter storms, floods and other severe weather events.
• Work on mitigation/ fuels reduction projects - both crew and mechanized.
• Participate in conservation and natural resource management projects.
• Travel away from home unit sometimes exceeding 14 days.
• Possibility of working holidays when on emergency response.
• Maintain equipment, vehicles, and facilities while also keeping upwith
• Assist with the capacity building of fire departments which consists ofthe
delivery of equipment and training, and attending meetings.
• Operate and drive a variety of equipment and vehicles. Applicants willbe
required to obtain Class A CDL within 180 days of employment. (It is
recommended that applicants hold a Class A CDL Permit.)
• Stay in good physical shape with the ability to pass a minimum of theModerate
Work Capacity Test. (Walk 2 miles in 30 minutes with a 25 pound pack on.)
The A&M University System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit
package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes
comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle
programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Minimum starting pay for entry
level positions is $13.00 an hour with a $0.50 raise after completing the TFS Responder
Academy. Some additional benefits include the ability to accrue comp time, time and a
half overtime on emergency response, and a Work Capacity Test incentive of $500 for
passing the Arduous Work Capacity Test (3 miles in 45 minutes with a 45 pound pack on).
Wolfforth, Tx (Lubbock, TX)
San Angelo, Tx
Ft. Stockton, Tx
Vacancy Announcement will be open online October 8thth through October 24th 2021.
Allapplications must be submitted online via Workday Jobs at
https://tfsweb.tamu.edu/jobs/. Applicants must apply for all positions interested in,
even if they are listed at the same location. If you need assistance in applying for this
job, please contact (979) 458-6690.