The Assistant Geologist will assist on a variety of environmental based tasks as required by the project including federal, state, local, and commercial clients. This position is responsible for field sampling, investigations, and report writing.
- Assist with field related activities including logging soils, air monitoring during investigation and remediation activities, installation of groundwater monitoring wells, collection of soil and groundwater samples for laboratory analysis, and collection of soil for physical testing.
- Assist in assessing soil and groundwater data, developing soil and groundwater sampling plans, data compilation for soil, air and groundwater analytical results.
- Assist with proposal and report writing for environmental based projects.
- Assist in coordinating and scheduling subcontractors for field investigation activities and assisting with site remediation planning and implementation.
- Assist in coordinating laboratory analysis appropriate to the proper identification and evaluation of samples.
- Assist with on-site field monitoring to document compliance with various federal, state, and local permit requirements during project construction.
- All other duties as assigned.
Previous internship and/or related experience preferred.
Basic knowledge in standard engineering techniques and procedures.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
Basic computer skills include AutoCAD, MicroStation, 2D and 3D rendering programs and other analysis programs.
Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.