The GLBT Center, located in Talley Student Union 5230 (5th floor), is one of four campus community centers (with the Women’s Center, Multicultural Student Affairs, and the African American Cultural Center) housed under the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED). OIED facilitates efforts to ensure equity and opportunity, increases awareness of diversity issues through education, and strengthens relationships across diverse groups. Through these efforts, the OIED promotes cultural competence development, thereby fostering a welcoming and respectful campus.
The mission of the NC State GLBT Center is to engage, develop, and empower members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities and their allies. To fulfill that mission, we
- Help students connect to form social support networks.
- Offer identity-based and health-related information and resources.
- Consult with students individually and collectively related to personal identity and academic success.
- Refer students to a wide variety of resources on campus and in the local community.
- Provide professional and leadership development opportunities.
Host educational events and programs.
As a student coordinator, you are an extension of the GLBT Center. While you are in the Center, we ask that you help us create a welcoming, inclusive, and safe space for all students.
- Provide professional and courteous customer service and maintain a warm and welcoming environment by: greeting all those who visit the Center, assisting visitors with any questions/concerns, connecting Center visitors to appropriate resources, and maintaining a safe, clean and organized GLBT Center space.
- Stay informed and contribute to the knowledge base of others about campus and community events related to OIED and each center’s mission.
- Advance marketing efforts by sharing information on campus, via social media, and through weekly newsletters.
- Under the supervision of professional staff, assist with work projects including but not limited to: administrative office tasks; logistics coordination; marketing/outreach and social media; educational program planning, delivery, and assessment; and GLBT Center library and resource maintenance.
- Participate in any designated training, meetings, events, activities, or assigned readings, including select OIED Signature events.
Be available for weekly 1:1 meetings with direct supervisor and monthly team meetings with staff.
- Work with your direct supervisor to develop learning outcomes and a personalized, professional development plan to meet those outcomes.
- Flexible availability for evening shifts during exam times.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or Administrative Support Specialist.