We currently have an opening in our Morrisville, NC office for Planner with Transportation experience to work as part of our Transportation & Infrastructure Division.
This role will assist in the preparation of transportation planning documents, such as alternatives analyses, feasibility studies, and reports that comply with NEPA/SEPA. The candidate should have the ability to support multi-disciplinary projects that include public outreach, planning, conceptual transportation engineering, traffic and environmental aspects
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required; Concentration in Transportation is preferred.
- Masters Degree is a plus.
- 0-3 years of similar experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to multi-task.
- GIS, Microstation or SYNCHRO experience a plus.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
â¢Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of organization
â¢Excellent professional technical writing skills
â¢Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
â¢Ability to get things done correctly and timely with minimal guidance
â¢Ability to organize work and effectively manage time
â¢Meticulous attention to detail
â¢Resourcefulness when responding to time sensitive situations
â¢Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
â¢Experience with Microsoft suite (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
â¢Prefer Experience with using GIS, Sketch-up, CAD, Synchro, and graphic software packages