Fort Caswell Coastal Retreat and Conference Center is a ministry of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina. Our 250-acre campus is located on Oak Island and is surrounded by the salt marsh, Cape Fear River, and Atlantic Ocean. The Environmental Education & Stewardship Program (EESP) at Fort Caswell strives to increase environmental literacy and inspire people to be stewards of our coastal environment, through hands-on field trips and community programs. We are seeking a hard-working, motivated environmental educator to serve as our next EESP Assistant Director. To find out more about our program, visit: https://fortcaswell.com/education/
• Assist with the daily operations and special projects as assigned by the EESP Director.
• Assist with the development/implementation of curriculum and programs for the EESP, for campers, retreat guests, school groups, teachers, and other special use groups.
• Serve as an educator for field trips and community programs.
• Assist in workshops & seminars that satisfy CEU requirements for educators.
• Work to develop partnership relationships with local educational entities.
• Responsible for the maintaining and up-keep of aquaria and exhibits.
• Responsible for the supervision and maintaining of the recycling program on campus.
• Assist with the recruiting, hiring, orientation, training, and supervision of all EESP.
• Assist with providing Environmental/Recreational program content for Day Camps.
• Full-time, exempt position with benefits
• Expected to occasionally work on nights and weekends depending on program needs
• Anticipated salary $30-37K depending on qualifications
• Minimum four-year college degree in marine or environmental science with background in coastal studies or five years of equivalent experience.
• Coastal education curriculum development and outdoor teaching experience.
• Experience maintaining aquaria and caring for animals.
• Committed to work towards and keep NCEE Certification.
• Strong work ethic, energetic, flexible, ability to work independently and with a team.
â€¢ Contact Environmental Education and Stewardship Director, Brittany Pace at firstname.lastname@example.org for Full Position Description and Application.
â€¢ Submit completed application along with your cover letter and resume by July 30, 2021.
â€¢ Expected start date will be early September.