Myatt Landscaping is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on, and extremely competent leader with excellent communication skills to manage a large, multi-year landscape construction project, as well as establish our brand in the local area to grow the branch moving forward. The ideal candidate would be a passionate landscape professional with significant landscape installation/construction experience, who is not afraid to get their hands dirty every single day. They would be highly skilled in operating heavy equipment such as loaders, mini excavators, tractors, and dump trucks, as well as all landscaping hand tools. A strong background in construction methods, drainage, and horticulture as well as the desire to be the best at what they do is a must. They would be responsible for managing 6-10 construction employees as well as handling relationships with other Myatt employees, property developers and subcontractors. The selected candidate will be instrumental in fostering a culture of positivity, developing employee skills and knowledge, and maintaining our excellent reputation for high quality landscapes.
The selected candidate would be trusted to handle multiple business aspects including:
- Administration—Meet and communicate with developers and subcontractors proactively, handle any issues, ensure that trucks, equipment, and paperwork are neat and organized.
- Production—Open and close the work day with the crews, operate machinery and hand tools while also delegating tasks to crew members, provide guidance and assistance to the crews, manage quality on the job site, scheduling, timesheets, hourly billing reporting.
- Construction—Read blueprints, set grades, layout hardscape and landscape elements, pour footings, and schedule and manage subcontractors.
- Horticulture—Ensure that plants and sod area installed correctly, and are of the highest quality
- Human Resources—Assist with weekly safety training, and conduct 45-day, 90-day and yearly performance reviews for all assigned crew members.
- Mechanical—Maintain trucks and equipment weekly, and coordinate repairs as needed.
About our company:
Here at Myatt Landscaping Concepts, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential and commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we seek to foster lasting relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee has the opportunity to further their training, and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and many have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!
- Competitive salary of $50,000-$70,000
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Retirement program with 3% match
- Positive work environment
- Company events and training opportunities
â¢ A.A.S. or B.S. in horticulture, construction, or related field (preferred, not required)
â¢ 10 years of industry experience in a landscape construction role, with at least 5 years in a leadership/management capacity
â¢ Knowledge of landscape, construction, and safety best practices
â¢ Experience in BOSS LM or other project management/scheduling software
â¢ Current SC driverâs license and clean driving record (or ability to acquire one within 90 days of hire)
â¢ Ability to pass a background check
â¢ Strong problem-solving and decision-making ability
â¢ Ability to manage multiple tasks and crews simultaneously
â¢ Availability to work some Saturdays