Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. Each summer we welcome over 30 interns across our organization in multiple facets of the business. We are searching for a college student or recent college graduate to join our team as a Processing Operations Intern at our Lumber Bridge, NC complex for Summer 2022. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 8-13 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional tasks; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
Primary Project: Assist the plant management with projects focused on sustainability in yield and water retention. Assist in developing action plans and make recommendations to verify the process controls to ensure that the operation follows best practices.
- Ensure compliance with current and projected regulations and guidance.
- Assist in developing/facilitate best processing controls and take a major role in training for first line supervisors and employees.
- Identify processing opportunities and verify compliance with existing or new practices within the processing operation.
- Conduct audits and analysis of opportunities that have been identified by implementing a good business verification process.
- Conduct audits and analysis of water retention in carcasses during the chilling process to identify potential opportunities and/or savings.
- Evaluate the total amounts of anti-microbial chemical that is being used is adequate and the limit levels are maintained for process and equipment.
- Audit usage and develop tracking process of usage of anti-microbial chemical.
- Evaluate the chilling process and make recommendations to ensure the operation meets or exceeds the requirements for temperature requirements of finish chicken products.
- Evaluate the training materials and procedures for chilling system process.
Good computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office â€“ Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Ability to work in a production environment including hot, cold, and/or wet areas.
Valid Driverâ€™s License
Must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Associate's or Bachelor's degree at an accredited College or University