We are hiring:
Process, Reliability, Process Control, Project, and Environmental Engineers and Health & Safety Professionals at multiple U.S. Pulp & Paper Manufacturing Sites
Our pulp and paper mills are complex facilities that sustainably convert trees and/or recycled fiber into products, such as boxes, sheets of paper, and fluff pulp for hygiene and other products. Hundreds of interrelated mechanical, electrical, and chemical unit processes provide unlimited opportunities to utilize a combination of technical and people skills.
• B.S. degrees required. Unofficial Transcripts, with cumulative GPA of at least 2.8, are required for interview.
• Desired Engineering majors: Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Paper Science, Environmental Engineering, as well as Occupational Safety and Industrial Hygiene.
• Candidates should have 0-5 years of post-college experience. Manufacturing internship and/or
co-op experience highly preferred.
• Strong desire to work in heavy manufacturing setting
• High regard for safety in the workplace and active willingness to be a safety leader
• Able to learn on the fly, adapt in a highly dynamic environment, and effectively cope with and manage change
• Highly motivated, self-starter, results-driven individual who can also perform well in a team setting
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including active listening
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills & experience (prior internships/co-ops, jobs, student associations, projects, etc.)
• Comfort with all levels of employees including operators, engineers, contractors, and various levels of management
• Positions are based in specific facilities, located primarily in rural, southeastern & southern U.S.
• Open to relocation now and in the future
• Must have access to reliable transportation
Responsibilities vary by location and role. These may include process optimization, cost-reduction efforts, data analysis, sample collection, project coordination and management, etc. For their initial 18 to 36 months, REACH Engineers participate in our world-class training & development program that combines on-line, hands-on, and face-to-face training and networking.
International Paper is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law