The HSE Department establishes the overall direction, strategy and leadership for health, safety and environmental (HSE) programs and initiatives impacting the Durham site, including Commercial Operations. The goal of these programs is to ensure compliance with federal, state and local HSE laws and regulations as well as bioMerieux Global HSE Policy and objectives; maintain a vital work force by protecting company personnel from job-related injury and illness and reducing workers’ compensation expenses; prevent environmental impact and reduce environmental liabilities arising out of the company’s operations; and to promote property loss prevention efforts to reduce risk and minimize property-related insurance costs. Provide site leadership to the Company’s sustainability (Green) initiatives.
This position will assist the HSE team by working on various projects related to the site's ISO 14001 and 45001 certification project including but not limited to:
- Material Safety Data Sheet Inventory and Maintenance to ensure employee understanding and regulatory compliance
- Assisting with the site's Environmental Assessment
- Department Specific Chemical disposal guides
The following skills are a necessity for the position:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Patient and able to handle ambiguity.
- Good decision making skills. Must have the ability to work and operate with great latitude for independent judgment and initiative.
- Good communication skills. Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in order to achieve desired results.
- Ability to work individually and within teams. Must have the ability to exchange information on a daily basis.
- Ability to analyze both equipment and production processes.
- Willing to ask for help when needed.
- Reasonable, reliable attendance and punctuality is an essential job function required for this position.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher will be considered.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity