Assist the Global Environmental Manager in development of a long-term environmental sustainability strategy for Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO), with a focus to study, analyze and recommend how GTO can achieve its renewable energy and climate positive objectives.
Full time 40 hour per week assignment from August 19, 2019 until December 13, 2019.
* Identify innovative practices, successful strategies, and emerging technology with potential for commercial success, to help GTO reach a climate positive target.
* Perform research and provide report of thermal renewable energy technology that can replace natural gas and other fossil fuels for heating applications.
* Support development of new agreement and targets for partnership with World Wildlife Fund for Nature, focused on CO2 emissions reduction in GTO operations.
* Assist with benchmark of truck and automotive sector, and other industry leaders, to create comparative analysis of long-term environmental objectives.
* Assist with renewable energy market analysis for Australia, Russia, South Africa.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Technical Analysis & Reporting: Ability to review and analyze data, perform material balances, engineering calculations, and statistical analysis, and create technical reports.
* Passion & Positivity: Exhibits a true passion for environmental care and sustainability and conveys a positive, glass-half-full attitude to motivate and influence others.
* Vision & Creativity: Holistic thinker that can visualize a long-term strategy for environmental sustainability, with a creative mind to generate innovative ideas.
* Attention to Detail: Diligently checks and quality assures technical data, reports and presentations, received or generated, before passing them on to the manager.
* Communications: Listens effectively with patience, communicates clearly in a professional manner and actively seeks feedback in a non-confrontational manner.
* Ethical & Responsible: Works with integrity to protect business sensitive information and does not take short cuts or bypass company code of conduct to finish assignments.
* Multi-Task & Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responds well to changes in direction and priorities, and accepts new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
* Dependable & Reliable: Follows through on commitments, produces assignments on time, strives to promote a higher standard, and pitches in to get the job done.
* Writing & Presenting: Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to develop reports and presentations appropriate for different levels of the organization.
Minimum Education and Experience
* Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a graduate level degree in either Environmental, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering with a Sustainability specialization or focus. A graduate degree in Sustainability Management is also acceptable, if accompanied with an undergraduate engineering degree.
* It must be an accredited school and the student should have at least 30 semester hours already completed prior to the start of the co-op.
* The student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
* Team Oriented
* Peer Relationships
* Integrity and Trust
* Proactive/Action Oriented
* Good Time Management
* Ability to travel occasionally