Kleinfelder is seeking a motivated student interested in a co-op opportunity starting in the Fall semester of 2019. This co-op position will provide a challenging and rewarding work opportunity, offering exposure to a diverse range of engineering projects. Under the direction of experienced engineers, you will perform a variety of engineering support assignments for various projects. Assignments may include supporting the preparation of engineering reports, performing engineering calculations, drafting in AutoCAD, researching and preparing permit applications, and overall project assistance. The candidate will gain exposure to Oil & Gas, Solar, Land Development, and other projects, and will have the opportunity to take part in site visits to observe and inspect projects under construction. As the employee progresses, additional exposure and responsibilities will increase to include design work (site layout, grading, stormwater management, erosion control, utilities, etc.)
· Enrollment in a Civil Engineering curriculum at NCSU or other an accredited college or university and have completed at least one year of study in the Civil Engineering discipline.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Experience using AutoCAD / Civil 3D a plus
· For co-ops: Ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
· For interns: Ability to work minimum 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday
· Attention to detail, strong problem-solving and good communication skills a must
· Ability to work as a team player, take direction, and interact well with others
· Strong desire to learn and an interest in civil engineering design.