Opportunity to work with a mission-driven Certified B Corp
$50,000 - $60,000 yearly salary, based on experience
Outstanding benefits (health insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, vision, dental, 401(k), paid time off, holiday pay, and more)
Opportunity to bring your passion for clean energy and sustainability to work
Providing solar solutions for commercial and non-profit organizations
Do you seek to “be the change” by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself?
Are you optimistic, energetic, and committed to doing your best work every day?
Do you believe that renewable, sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? If so, we want to hear from you!
Southern Energy Management (SEM), a mission-driven B-Corp and leader in energy efficiency and renewable energy, is currently seeking a full-time Commercial Solar Program Manager to support our Solar Commercial Energy Services Team. Proud to be one of the first sustainable energy companies to certify as a B-Corporation, our mission is to improve the way people make and use energy.
The Solar Commercial Project Manager position is a salaried exempt position. SEM headquarters is based in Raleigh, NC and requires a minimum amount of travel.
Solar Commercial Project Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
The Solar Commercial Project Manager will work closely with the Commercial Energy Services sales and operations teams to successfully guide the installation of solar projects. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Liaison for customers between sales and operations team
- Maintain customer relations
- Coordinate installation and inspection schedule with customer
- Apply and obtain permits from local jurisdictions
- Work with the utility companies for interconnection approval
- Site coordination with subcontractors and temporary labor
- Coordinate rental equipment delivery, pick-up and site location use
- Ensure project timelines are met by managing delivery of materials, designs, permits and interconnection.
- Administrative duties, such as job specific reporting, maintaining project documentation, creating customer manuals, and file maintenance
Project management experience, especially in solar industry desired
Salesforce CRM experience
Proven customer support experience
Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
Exceptional attention to detail
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Solar PV technical knowledge (desirable not required)
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person - not just a resume. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view assessment results. SEM values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQIA+ are especially encouraged to apply for this position.
We will review resumes as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.