Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. Each summer we welcome over 30 interns across our organization in multiple facets of the business. We are searching for a college student or recent college graduate to join our team as a Environmental Intern at our Millsboro, DE complex for Summer 2022. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 8-13 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional tasks; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
- Update environmental compliance binders at designated facilities
- Travel to facilities in Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia to gain understanding of processes and environmental requirements
- Research and obtain information for assigned projects
- Interact with managers and employees at various facilities to obtain information
- Facilitate conversion of compliance documents from hard copy to digital
Compile needed sustainability information
Environmental background & knowledge
Creative and detail oriented
Organization & communication skills
Valid Driverâ€™s License
Ideal candidate will be pursuing an Environmental Science Degree
Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university