Historic Oak View County Park is a public park that is the site of a 19th century plantation. The park includes several historic buildings and structures, a visitor center, and garden and orchard features. The site also has 2 picnic shelters, a fishing pond, hiking trails, and farm animals (goats and chickens). The park is open daily to visitors of all ages to enjoy the site’s cultural and natural history. Oak View’s goals are to serve a diverse public as a site for meaningful community engagement, thoughtful and honoring learning and reflection, and healthy recreation.
Oak View is now advertising for a Park Aide–Operations (part-time). Park Aide–Operations employees work up to 20 hours/week with some weekend work expected. Hiring Rate is $15.00/hour.
Primary duties of Park Aide – Operations:
• General Site Maintenance – Collect trash, clean buildings, and ensure the property is safe and clean for visitors.
• Basic Carpentry – Assist in structure repairs, exhibit construction, and other basic carpentry tasks
• Grounds Maintenance – Pull and spray weeds, trim hedges, string trim, and perform all other tasks associated with grounds maintenance.
• Agricultural Gardens – Help maintain a demonstration crops field, vegetable garden, herb garden, pecan grove, and fruit orchard.
• Livestock Care – Provide daily care of the parks' goats and chickens, including feeding, watering, and all needed stall and coop cleaning.
• Customer Service –Weekends require work at the front desk welcoming visitors and providing information about the park. Committed to culturally competent visitor engagement, able to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment to meet the needs of all visitors.
â€¢ Interest in history, experience in agriculture, landscaping, or historic preservation a plus.
â€¢ Applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to employment.