The Waste Reduction and Recycling office is seeking a student intern to assist with developing and implementing waste diversion programs in labs and other areas on campus. This internship is available to both Federal Work-Study students and through the Provost’s Professional Experience Program. **Note, the PEP interns can only earn up to $2000 total during the 2020-2021 school year. **
· Reach out to various locations on campus (labs, etc.) to identify what waste materials they are producing that can be diverted through reuse or recycling
· Identify outlets for items to be reused and markets for items to be recycled
· Work with Waste Diversion Coordinator to determine what operational changes will be necessary to implement program
· Compile findings into guidelines for best practices and present findings to Waste Reduction and Recycling office
· Promote and support program by sharing best practices brochure with labs and other partners on campus
The internship is for the Fall semester, starting in August, 2020. The Waste Reduction and Recycling office is open Monday – Friday, 7am – 3:30pm. We offer a flexible schedule of about 10 hours per week. The internship is complete once the intern has earned $2,000 total.
â€¢ Undergraduate NCSU student
â€¢ Reliable transportation to WRR Office located at Sullivan Shops III, 630 Motor Pool Street
â€¢ Strong verbal and visual communication skills
â€¢ Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
â€¢ Excellent communication and organization skills
â€¢ Strong leadership skills
â€¢ Prior interest or involvement with recycling, reuse, waste diversion, and/or general sustainability