Do you want to learn how to improve the world? Ever wonder what it would be like to get in at the ground level working at a world-changing organization like Y-Combinator or Google just as they started growing rapidly?
At Ignite Mental Health, we’re building a non-profit Y-combinator (incubator and venture builder) working with world class mental health entrepreneurs as they launch coordinated efforts, movements and products to transform mental health—starting with US University campuses.
Become a member of a mission-driven founding team which quickly grew from the Harvard and MIT communities to become a nationwide effort. Working to establish a presence on 70% of University campuses in the United States, #ChangeTheNorm is tribalizing people to catalyze a change in societal norms surrounding mental health, but at scale.
As a Mental Health Campus Leader, you will perch atop a world-changing organization and have the chance to make your time with us a truly transformative experience.
What will you get to do?
- Mental Health Campus Leaders are a talented group of change-makers who electrify the acceleration of mental health solutions on campuses nationally. They join an active and engaged community of likeminded passionate peers from campuses throughout the United States, devise strategies via monthly video conference brainstorming meetings, learn transformative skills and instigate change!
- They have the opportunity to become influential figures for change on their campuses, engage decision makers, work with the Presidents of some of the largest student organizations at their Universities, keep the media on their toes and much more!
- They usually get to join 1-2 other Mental Health Campus Leaders at their University, and as a team - change things!
How much time would you invest?
- On average, less than 6 hours a month. Unless, of course, you want to become more actively involved!
- Passionate about mental health and helping improve others' lives
- Growth mindset, interested in learning and applying new skills
- Great at creating and maintaining relationships with movers and shakers, you're able to strike a conversation with anybody
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A great team player able to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Leadership or other relevant experience
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
Our ambition is to scale organizations, movements and products—unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health starting with University campuses...
Are you in?
NB: This position is at a non-profit mental health incubator and is non-compensated. For undergraduate and graduate candidates and accepted into our internship program, we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in securing educational internships (for credit), financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships from your University.