We are seeking a highly creative, forward-thinking Communications Director. The
Communications Director will provide timely, relevant and well-crafted communications to
current and potential members. The Communications Director will be responsible for managing
a broad range of communications activities for NCFA including public relations, executive
communications, social and digital media, and promotion materials for major events. The
director may also assist with other duties including representing NCFA at events and engaging
with public and private stakeholders.
- Uphold and promote the North Carolina Forestry Association mission.
- Manage public and media relations.
- Promote the organization and its programs across various media outlets including
television, radio, print, social media, and internet.
- Manage all social media efforts: Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Create evaluation strategies to measure the effectiveness of communications activities
- Manage the development and distribution of all print communications including the
newsletters, direct mail, promotion and marketing materials.
- Develop and manage a marketing strategy to effectively promote the organization and
educate the public about key issues, services, and needs.
- Support Executive Director with governmental relations and policy communications.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university.
- A proven track record with 3-5 years of experience in marketing and
communications and project management.
- Team player; great people skills; enthusiasm and willingness to work hard.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Project Management- ability to simultaneously work on fast turnaround and
urgent assignments while also managing larger longer-term projects.
- Proactive and creative approach – Look for new ways to communicate including
use of graphics and visuals and videos beyond just written content.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software, website content management
systems, and e-newsletter platforms; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft
Office, InDesign, etc...
- Quality Management- Is detail-oriented; consistently produces high-quality work
without direct supervision.
- Must be able to use own vehicle for day (approximately 25%) and limited
overnight travel (mileage will be reimbursed)
Applications due by Friday August 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm.