St. David’s School Athletics Department seeking a part-time (seasonal) Varsity Girls Basketball Head Coach for the 2022- 2023 school year.
· Follower of Jesus Christ with a desire to serve in a Christian learning environment and mentor high school students in areas of faith, virtue, knowledge.
· Must be well versed in all aspects of basketball.
· Playing experience at high school level or above is preferred.
· Prior coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level is preferred.
· Must have a solid understanding of fundamentals of coaching.
· Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Attend and lead all varsity girls basketball games and practices.
· Instruct players in rules, regulations and technical skills of the sport.
· Lead and coach using techniques consistent with school mission statement.
· Perform administrative tasks of the position including distributing and collecting equipment, supplies, and uniforms, maintaining statistical records, and following St. David’s athletic department policies.
· Carry out requests of athletic department administration.
· Communicate regularly and effectively with parents and athletes.
· Coordinate off-season strength and conditioning workouts.
· Attend conference and state meetings as needed or required.
· Utilize HUDL for film exchange, film breakdown and college recruiting of St. David’s School basketball players
· Provide leadership and vision for the girls basketball program from middle school to high school.
· Official practices begin November 1, 2022.
· Pre-season (summer) conditioning sessions are optional but encouraged.
· Based on team performance, season could extend into late February.
· Candidates interested in teaching at St. David’s in addition to coaching are encouraged to apply. Teaching positions for the 2022-2023 school year will be posted when available.
· To obtain additional information, contact Athletics Director, Ricardo Viera. firstname.lastname@example.org.
· To apply for this position please visit our employment page: https://www.stdavidsraleigh.org/explore-st-davids/career-opportunities
· Successful candidates must submit to and pass a background test and drug screen.
· Successful candidates must have current CPR and First Aid certification. Note: St. David’s will provide opportunities to obtain both at no expense to employee.