The manager of the Data and Policy Program (D&P) reports directly to the President & CEO. This position
is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Data and Policy Program, with direct oversight and
mentorship from the President & CEO. The Data and Policy Program Manager coordinates and provides
technical expertise for EREF data and policy projects during all stages. The Data and Policy Program
Manager maintains knowledge of current topics and contributes to EREF’s reputation and thought
leadership, as well as provides technical support for special projects or new programs, as needed.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or
restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Drafting scope of work proposals, methodology and literature review documents
• Managing the project steering group that provide input on the efforts
• Overseeing data collection and analysis activities performed by research assistants and others
• Performing data analysis
• Preparing articles, reports, and other deliverables that disseminate D&P project results
• Managing program resources including financials and interns
• Raising awareness of EREF’s mission and the D&P program’s efforts and deliverables
• Supports communication efforts via providing technical content for lay audiences
• Supports for other Foundation activities, as requested.
• Some travel required
• Master’s degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, Sustainability or a related degree (but a
Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience is also acceptable)
• 5+ years of experience, with specific exposure to managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills, with proficiency in managing/analyzing large data sets
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and execute
critical path thinking to maximize efficiency.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Motivation to take initiative and work well both independently and collaboratively
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (experience with Publisher and GIS a plus).
The position is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, including retirement, health
insurance, long/short term disability, life insurance and vacation. Salary is commensurate with
position will remain open until filled.